Vandersteen 2Ci - Bi-wire cable question

This might sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I see lots of bi-wire speaker cables with one pair wire connection to the amp on one side and two pairs (bi-wire) on the other/speaker end. I always questioned the wisdom and wondered how these cables are made. So here's my question: Are there any benefits in "converting" my regular speaker cables into bi-wire by simply splicing two short pairs of  cables, of course same quality as the main cable with connectors on the speaker ends.The speaker in question is Vandersteen 2Ci which doesn't have jumpers. I'm also wondering how folks hook up regular speaker wires to these speakers.

Or, I should also ask if a bi-wire connection mandatory on these speakers? Thanks.

128x128kalali
You guys have talked me into it. I'll poke and see if I can fish another set of wires through the same path I ran the first ones. It'll be basically two roughly 20' long 12 awg wires from the two pairs of ports on the amp. I can't see any downsides and the wires are nothing special and quite reasonably priced.
By the way, a side question: I see pictures of these speakers with  the drivers exposed. Is it possible to easily pull down the mesh skirt or that's just from the manufacturer showing the design, etc.?
Well, the mesh is not designed to removed.  But it would be fairly easy to do it; there are videos on YouTube re driver replacement that show you how.  But the speaker is not really "finished" underneath the mesh...so I don't think it would look great.  That's how RV saves $$ to put into the drivers, crossovers, design, etc.  
I have gone through this with several speakers including Vandersteens  I use AP Oval 9.  There is a difference just not sure it is worth the cost.  Notice I did not say better but different.  The Vandersteens seemed more open and the driver blending seemed smoother. Same thing with PSB Silver i and and B&W Matrix 803

As for jumpers you can change the sound depending on what jumpers you use.  I have 4 different ones and they all sound different.  Add to that 4 different ways to hook up the main cable run and now it is nuts and worst yet they all sound different. Nordost and Audioquest have papers out there about jumpers and the various ways to hook them up as well as the common results and sad to say they are pretty much right on.  I was shocked  it really depends what you like.  Give me the days back when I worked in the biz of most speakers having one set of terminals.
In order to remove the sock (if that is what you are asking)  you have to 1)turn the speaker upside down and remove the 7 screws from the bottom plate
2) You then need to pry off the bottom plate as it is glued on
3)  There are then  about 30 staples holding the sock on  You need to remove them  The sock is pretty tough
4) You can then roll the sock down
Reverse process to put back  Done it several times Not hard at all.