Vandersteen 2Ci - Bi-wire cable question

This might sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I see lots of bi-wire speaker cables with one pair wire connection to the amp on one side and two pairs (bi-wire) on the other/speaker end. I always questioned the wisdom and wondered how these cables are made. So here's my question: Are there any benefits in "converting" my regular speaker cables into bi-wire by simply splicing two short pairs of  cables, of course same quality as the main cable with connectors on the speaker ends.The speaker in question is Vandersteen 2Ci which doesn't have jumpers. I'm also wondering how folks hook up regular speaker wires to these speakers.

Or, I should also ask if a bi-wire connection mandatory on these speakers? Thanks.

128x128kalali
(((I'm also wondering how folks hook up regular speaker wires to these speakers.))
Run a jumper from the positive to the other positive
Run a jumper from the negative to the other negative

If your asking this question I would also suggest you read the well written owners manual. It will also address bi wiring and tiltback.
Bi Wiring is an advantage to the amps recovery if the bass / mid Hi  sections are independently run, the load the amps sees from woofer excursions is better dealt with.
Whatever wire you run on the top run the same on the bass.
 Best,
 JohnnyR

..and to add .....I found that separate cables for lows, and highs are even better.....  I've seen jacket cables with +,- on one end to attach to the amp, which separates to the 4 cables on the other side to attach to the speaker.....not as good on my Vandersteens.