Curved and Straight Tonearms

Over the last 40 years I have owned 3 turntables. An entry level Dual from the '70's, a Denon DP-52F (which I still use in my office system) and a Rega P3-24 which I currently use in my main system. All of these turntables have had straight tonearms. I am planning on upgrading my Rega in the near future. Having started my research, I have noticed that some well reviewed turntables have curved 'arms. My question: What are the advantages/disadvantages of each, sonic or otherwise? Thanks for any input. 
ericsch
Dear @ericsch : I'm not an expert oon your Rega model but I know that exist an after market source where you can buy the VTA mechanism dedicated for your Rega tonearm.

Regards and enjoy the Music Not Distortions,
R.
S arms are usually higher mass, often used with MC cartridges

"straight" arms with offset headshells which are not removable pretty much defines all the many good/great tone arms I've heard or owned.

For no tracking error, and no inner groove distortion, great mids and highs, very little wear to LP's - but with bass lacking weight get a Souther/Clearaudio and be done with it.
Post removed 
When using the Fozgometer I find the ability to adjust azimuth on the fly with the vernier adjustment on my Well Tempered Classic arm very convenient opposed to the crudely limited head-shell adjustment of my S shaped Technics arm.