Curved and Straight Tonearms

Over the last 40 years I have owned 3 turntables. An entry level Dual from the '70's, a Denon DP-52F (which I still use in my office system) and a Rega P3-24 which I currently use in my main system. All of these turntables have had straight tonearms. I am planning on upgrading my Rega in the near future. Having started my research, I have noticed that some well reviewed turntables have curved 'arms. My question: What are the advantages/disadvantages of each, sonic or otherwise? Thanks for any input. 
ericsch
"In the golden age of vinyl back in the 70s selling at Tech Hifi, Lafayette and Radio Shack I always levitated to tables with straight arms. Tracking was not nearly as reliable with massive S arm tables and carts."

Perhaps the elegant and extremely effective SME "S" arms were overlooked? I recall one of the Stereophile sages declaring the SME Series III as his "gold standard" at the time.
Straight or curved really doesn't matter. What is most meaningful is how well any particular design is executed. I'd take a well-engineered "S" arm over a mediocre straight arm any day.

Dear @ericsch : I'm not an expert oon your Rega model but I know that exist an after market source where you can buy the VTA mechanism dedicated for your Rega tonearm.

Regards and enjoy the Music Not Distortions,
R.
S arms are usually higher mass, often used with MC cartridges

"straight" arms with offset headshells which are not removable pretty much defines all the many good/great tone arms I've heard or owned.

For no tracking error, and no inner groove distortion, great mids and highs, very little wear to LP's - but with bass lacking weight get a Souther/Clearaudio and be done with it.
Post removed