Mint lp best tractor for VPI Classic

Does anyone in the SF Bay Area have a Mint best tractor for a VPI Classic 1 that I can borrow/rent/buy from?  

baaach
folkfreak -
Yeah, I know what he was referring to.  My point was he didn't get my point.  

wlutke
cleeds wrote "You clearly don't understand VTA, which typically should be around 15 degrees, although opinions vary about the best overall compromise."
cleeds, are you talking about the cantilever instead of the cart body?
VTA - vertical tracking angle - is by definition an angle created by the cantilever. See @folkfreak explanation above ^^^^^^, which is correct.

cleeds -
VTA is an angle defined by the stylus and record surface, not the cantilever which can be out of alignment with the stylus - if you want to be specific to the last detail. SRA is the angle of the cantilever to cartridge body and aligns the coils in the magnetic field regardless of stylus alignment on the cantilever.   I think you may be confusing the two.
How you jumped from my reference of a parallel cart as a starting point to an ignorance of VTA is ... beyond vague.

wlutke
cleeds -
VTA is an angle defined by the stylus and record surface, not the cantilever which can be out of alignment with the stylus - if you want to be specific to the last detail. SRA is the angle of the cantilever to cartridge body and aligns the coils in the magnetic field regardless of stylus alignment on the cantilever.   I think you may be confusing the two.

@wlutke, you are free to define words anyway you like. However, if you want people to be able to understand what you're trying to say, it's best to rely on commonly accepted definitions.

VTA - vertical tracking angle - is the angle formed when drawing a line from the stylus tip through the cantilever to its pivot point. It has nothing to do with the record surface except, of course, that's where the tip of the stylus rests. It is not the angle between the stylus and the record surface.

There is a graphic here, which is based on the work of Risch and Maier: http://www.theanalogdept.com/effective_length.htm

SRA - stylus rake angle - is the angle formed between the stylus and the record groove. It is not  the angle of the cantilever to the cartridge body.

The definitive work on this was by Risch and Maier. See Audio magazine, March 1981. Copies of this article are floating around the web.

How you jumped from my reference of a parallel cart as a starting point to an ignorance of VTA is ... beyond vague.
What you wrote was:
Azimuth and VTA "should" be near parallel with the platter.

That clearly shows you don't understand VTA, and now we know you're confused about SRA, too.

Post removed