Seems like any equipment in a metal case is protected from rfi

Looking atFaraday cages in Wikipedia
Here's a quote:

A Faraday cage operates because an external electrical field causes the electric charges within the cage's conducting material to be distributed such that they cancel the field's effect in the cage's interior. This phenomenon is used to protect sensitive electronic equipment from external radio frequency interference (RFI). Faraday cages are also used to enclose devices that produce RFI, such as radio transmitters, to prevent their radio waves from interfering with other nearby equipment. They are also used to protect people and equipment against actual electric currents such as lightning strikes and electrostatic discharges, since the enclosing cage conducts current around the outside of the enclosed space and none passes through the interior.

Why are we trying to quiet the rfi to and from our amps, transports, etc when the metal case already does it? 

kavakat1

enliten
RFI/EMI is a tricky beast to handle.

It is nearly impossible to make an enclosure ’tight’.

>>>>>Especially with all those unused Input and Output jacks. 😛 Then there is the issue of RF generated by microchips inside the chassis, as I pointed out, was it yesterday? Think inside the box!

As a former designer of military electronics that were required to survive EMP, it’s quite a challenge even at much smaller audio scales.

>>>>of course EMP is not the same thing as RFI/EMI. Be that as it may. And it’s not that difficult to deal with RFI/EMI in high end electronics. Audiophiles have been doing so for many years. A good start would be to power OFF all unnecessary appliances such as fridge, TV, room purifier, even a microwave oven in sleep mode generates RF. (It helps to have an RFI/EMI meter to, you know, see what you're up against.

You could also consider Stillpoints ERS shielding sheets . 11x8 for $25, at Music Direct . Lay a couple on your equipment and see if you can tell a difference . Then attach in a semi permanent manner. Also when my sound is too tight , I switch from briefs to boxers 🤡.
Bullrider97
You could also consider Stillpoints ERS shielding sheets . 11x8 for $25, at Music Direct . Lay a couple on your equipment and see if you can tell a difference . Then attach in a semi permanent manner. Also when my sound is too tight , I switch from briefs to boxers.

No offense, but I find Stillpoints ERS stuff a mixed bag. A very mixed bag. In fact after playing around with relatively small pieces of it in two systems I was unable to find a single place where it improved the sound. Now, I admit it did *change* the sound, it made it wooly and phasey sounding. Not to belabor this any more than I have to, I found that even with a sheet of the stuff lying inert as it were on the coffee table it atill made the sound wooly and weird. The only way I could get back to square one was to actually burn the stuff. Folks have reported trying smaller and smaller squares of the stuff until the sound is good. I say smaller and smaller until the pieces are zero size. If ever there was a poster child for expectation bias this is it! Hope that’s not being too harsh. But, wait, there’s a silver lining. The price has not gone up in 15 years. In fact, it’s come down.😀