which components to buy?

I am intrigued by the idea of switching from receivers to seperates....I dont have a clue as to how to go about doing it... I dont have any high end stores in my area, only best buy, so I dont know what to look for. Here are my needs.
7.1 surround or better.
1200 square foot room with 16 foot ceiling.
I have 4 IL-60's I would like to use to save on changing them to something else.
I have owned the Z9 and thought it was ok but didn't see a huge differece over my RX3300 to be honest...but I figure it was probably my speakers or wire that was the limiting factor..
my budget is about $1000 for the processer and amps.
thanks
Joel
frankrizzo69
actually WHAT ARE THE DIMMENSIONS OF YOUR ROOM? At 1200 square feet, your room would be something like 20x60. Is that right? If so, I'd be looking at larger powered speakers likely - such as Definitive BP's with large woofers, to help drive the room.
Hope this helps
Good question, that's a huge listening space! The 4 x 500 watt RMS 12" subs should help fill the base but I'm going to assume his listening area is just a very open home plan with dinning room/living room, kitchen and breakfast nook all being connected in a two story home.
That Z9 is a beast. Amp and transformer rivals many dedicated amps. By the way, Yamaha makes the Z9. If you don't need HDMI, find another one in the used market.