Looking to upgrade amp, need help.

I am currently looking to upgrade my amplifier. My current system is:
Focal 836v's
NAD C375Bee
NAD C546 cd player
Project debut carbon with Ortofon 2m bronze

I listen to both vinyl and CD's. Mostly classic rock but also a wide variety of music at times.  

My budget is $1500-$2000, probably purchase used to get more bang for my buck. I don't have a preference between SS or tubes, but don't have experience with tubes (but think they would be a good match for the Focals).

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Joel
jmdavidson87
Yes, you should go for tubes with the Focals.  I had the smaller brother to the 836V years ago.  The treble was a bit hot but the sound was so open and clean.  
+1 for Rogue Audio.  Have a look at Jolida 3502, have used one for over a year now without issues and it sounds great.  
I have been reading about the Cronus Magnum II, would like to audition but don't know where. You own or heard it?
Rotarius,

How big is your listening room? Mine is about 14' x 22' with 8 foot ceilings. Curious how far the 50-60 watts from the Jolida will go. I will say that the 150w from the NAD I have now is more than plenty in terms of volume, even when cranked up it's not even to 12 o'clock in the knob.
There's an Esoteric AI-03 up for sale for $2K that should sound better than the NAD. You have lots of options with that budget and it just depends on what aspects of your current system you're trying to improve. A better DAC or cartridge, or even room treatment might give you the best incremental improvement. Just need to find the weakest link.