Rega/Totem combo wow!

Was out of town for work last week and managed to stop into a hifi shop downtown after work one evening.  I forget the name of the place but it was right in Cincinnati (audible elegance i believe).  I had always wanted to hear a rega/naim amplifier.  Long story short, they had a rega brio and elex r hooked up to a pair of Totem Rainmakers (which is a nice compact speaker for my space) and I have to say that I was really impressed by the speakers even through the lower powered brio.  The gentleman switched from the Brio to the Elex to hear the difference.  And yes, there was a difference. The Elex provided more bass and a little smoother sound to my ears but both amps sounded superb and although the Totems are 4ohms, I was more impressed with the little Brio handling them quite well.  I haven't really heard many people talk about totem speakers on too many threads but like I said, there seemed to be a really good match there between the regas and the totems.  Has anyone else had a similar experience with these two brands playing together and if so what were your thoughts?
mgrec42
Haven't heard Totem speakers in years but always liked them.

But I did recently hear the Rega integrateds plus the Saturn R CD player at a  dealer and was impressed - they were powering, among other things, GoldenEar Triton 3+. I liked the Saturn (and of course, the Isis, but that one's way beyond my reach) so much so that I'm keen to audition the Rega DAC-R.

I would think the Rega amps would be great partners for many British speakers.

Post removed 
I've heard mixed reviews on the naim with totem. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to listen to the naim. Have you heard them both with the totem? If so what we're your thoughts as far as sonic differences? I've heard people refer to rega as a poor man's naim. Unfortunately for me, nearly 2k for an amp isn't cheap by any means
Post removed 
I have heard the same as well about their players. I plan on going back there in a week or so and make a decision. The elex r and and naim nait 5si are closely priced. I think the naim is maybe $300 more? If the naim is that much better I will probably go for it. I was initially intruiged with the rega for the pre out for a sub as well as a few more inputs than the naim had. The only concern I was reading when it comes to the naim is in their recommended speaker wire. I use audioquest type 4 cables and with the naim I'm not sure what works best. I would hate to invest that much in am amp and then have to worry about small things like wire and then get kind of stuck with the upgrade path you can fall into. Would the audioquest wire work with naim or would I have to go with their own wire?