Soekris ApS dac1101 another discrete R2R Multibit dac.

They’re coming from everywhere , got to give this one it’s own thread. As I’ve been following his development progress on DiyAudio forums for some time now.
Selling price is great, but postage to Australia could make some hold back, bit steep for something so small that weighs nothing.
http://www.soekris.dk/dac1101.html
This link can be buggy, could be his server, you’ll get there if you keep trying.

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I thought this thread was about the dac 1101? Without taking sides, I really liked my dac1101 when I had it - sold it and own a different (more $$$) dac now. I didn't feel misled when I purchased it, nor at anytime. I would buy Soekris again.
Gentlemen, this is not productive. It sounds like this thread opened a can of worms. I think this sort of arguments are best done off line.
Soekris Engineering has admitted, in their own words, that the rev 1 was not as advertised. There is no disputing this fact. Sadly, when a company is not responsive to its customers and refuses to do the right thing, airing dirty laundry and exposing poor service is really the only avenue left to customers who have been ripped off. I don't want to see anyone else get shafted by Soekris Engineering and am alerting people to how I have been treated so that others don't suffer the same treatment. Please keep this in mind when you consider Soekris Engineering products.

I would like to update this thread with the following news: Soekris Engineering has agreed to update the boards and return them at their expense. I will post again after I receive them back and report on the experience.
Post removed