Soekris ApS dac1101 another discrete R2R Multibit dac.

They’re coming from everywhere , got to give this one it’s own thread. As I’ve been following his development progress on DiyAudio forums for some time now.
Selling price is great, but postage to Australia could make some hold back, bit steep for something so small that weighs nothing.
http://www.soekris.dk/dac1101.html
This link can be buggy, could be his server, you’ll get there if you keep trying.

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
"If you were a victim of Soekris Engineering’s dishonest business practices, contact me".

Are you an attorney kuribo?
No, but I am in discussions with one...And am building a file for the Danish equivalent of the BBB, Consumerombudsman.dk
Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread but as a potential Soekris customer - not diy but their finished but yet to be shipped DACs, is this an isolated case of diy poor information disclosure or a broader/more frequent case of irresponsible customer service?
I personally don't like discussing this sort of topics on open forums especially for isolated cases which may not be an accurate reflection of the vendor in question. But someone else opened the door and I ask for selfish reasons.
I have heard from several people about it.

Keep in mind that he basically used the membership at DiyAudio.com to troubleshoot and fix the bugs in his rev 1 dac, which he later admitted to being a test bed that shouldn't be compared to other dacs. It was a beta test cleverly disguised as a finished product. He incorporated the work the membership did, which would have cost him thousands in R&D, into the later versions. In other words, he put out a shoddy product and let everyone else fix it for him.

Most responsible, professional companies would have done the right thing and repaired or replaced, or offered trade credit. He told his customers to fix it themselves and then insulted them when they called him on it....I can't recommend doing business with such a company. I would proceed with great caution.

Not again, now he is making noise here after his bashing got booted from diyaudio.com, sorry to expose everybody here for that....

He purchased four pcs rev1 dam1021-01 DIY DAC boards in Jan 2015. In Sept 2016 he emailed and asked to return the units for a full refund, as he "was overwhelmed", which I of course couldn't do, those were pretty old boards, the dam1021 was then at rev 4.... Instead I offered to update them for $25 per board, but he declined that.

The dam1021 started life as a test bench for my R-2R Sign Magnitude DAC Technology, it turned out to be great so I decided to offer them to the DIY community at a pretty low cost. Over time it got improved, like all new products, with suggestions for hardware improvements and free firmware updates.

Apparently he got pissed with me and are now throwing around all kinds of accusations. If you believe him just a little bit I can recommend you to read the main dam1021 thread at diyaudio.com, but it's kinda pretty long....