Stupid Question Alert!!!

About a year ago my wife and I bought an LG 65EG9600 televison 65" Ultra hd 4k. The picture quality is the best I’ve ever seen, and the reviews I've read concur...... I also have Direct TV...does the cheap AV receiver I’m using make any difference in the picture quality?
paul_graham
"  does the cheap AV receiver I’m using make any difference in the picture quality? "

do you see a difference in picture quality ?

do you have it plugged into a cheap power surge protector ?    

4K requires an ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player or Netflix 4K subscription.

only limited content is available in 4K

i don’t believe satellite (directTV) is anywhere close to 4K

the best 4K TV and possibly the best TVs ever created so far (for non-gaming applications like movies) is the latest line of OLED TVs from LG

the latest DSP receivers are 4K compatible - the introduction of 4K receivers has been a bit of mess though with copy protection built in to the very latest HDMI standard....and only a few receivers supporting it. The trick with older receivers is to use one HDMI out from the blu-ray 4K player to the TV and the other HDMI out purely for audio to the receiver....
If you have a bright room, oiled cannot produce enough luminance and the Sony Z series is a better bet, and, with the processing may actual be better than oiled. As to your AVR, suggest rather than just my answer, you pose this question over on AVSForum, where there is great expertise on all aspects of the visual displays. Take a look....but short answer is maybe, dependent on component age and capabilities.