Sopra 2 soundstage height

Can the Sopra 2's give sufficient height to the soundstage?  Listened at a dealer and they were having problems.  Raked all the way back and vocals still sounded like they were coming from 4 feet high.  I wondered if that tilted mid driver was causing this.

Could Sopra 2 owners chime in on this?
emcdade

I have the Sopra 2's paired with Simaudio 700i. Huge soundstage, room filling vocals, when the artists intent was to have a huge soundstage. Can and will be more narrow and focused when the artist recorded that way. The speakers are very representative of how the material was recorded.

What Dan Bejar song (Destroyer album or TNP?) are you referring to I will give it a listen and let you know how the soundstage and vocal height is on my system.

I have had my Sopra's a year now, they get better with mileage and continue to improve, at about 350 hours now I would guess. Have read they need over 400 to settle in nicely. They sound amazing now and much better than when they were delivered (although sounded very good when delivered, but tight). They also love the Simaudio 700i (what a beast), however my Hegel 300 also worked very well with the Sopras.

Hope this helps.

I was listening to Destroyer when I posted, haha.

The track we were playing that really accentuated this was Nine Inch Nails - Into the Void.  It has some crazy/phasey effects in it that are great to test soundstage depth and width and specificity.  Problem was Reznor sounded 3 feet tall.

Listened to NIN Into the Void, cranked it up to about 85db. Big powerful sound, filled the room, lots of information to dissect (the Sim and Sopra's were easily up to the task). With all the soundstaging in the mix, IMHO the main vocals are purposely more focused as opposed to swimming around, they sound centered, big and forceful coming in at 1:23 at 2:27 they get even bigger in the mix. The drums at 47 seconds are chest pounding. I am about 15 feet from the speakers and the main vocals are very big. Love the pull dynamics/back at 3:23, I was not familiar with this track, it is very good for demo purposes. The last minute is when the Sopra's really start to flex their muscles, the bottom is killer, the main vocals are blending with the backups and everything keeps getting bigger. The last "Tired to save my self..." Vocals only is huge.Very cool.

Not sure what was the issue with your demo, this is a wow song for demo and it wowed me. Perhaps it was your front end. I can only comment on the Sopra's with my integrateds, Simaudio and Hegel love the Sopras.

Hope this helps.

Post removed 
Thanks for easing my concerns, they're ordered.  I don't think they liked the damped room and being so far from front wall.  They did not sound good with my electronics (NAD M12/M22) or the Moon 340i. They did sound pretty good with an AVM integrated.  I've got a budget solution to try out first while I get my gear sold (Vincent 236 MK).  Seems like it'll be a good match and soften the treble a bit which I prefer.  The moor expensive Sim gear and Accuphase are on my radar.