Tube preamp with or without phono stage?

I’m looking to add a preamp to my two channel system. Currently I’m using an Audio Alchemy DDP-1 as the pre fed by a Simaudio Moon 110LP as the phonostage. My amp’s a Benchmark AHB-2 and speakers are Paradigm Persona 3F. The Personas and Benchmark are recent purchases and I’m rebuilding backwards. I’ve been targeting a clear, detailed, neutral and dimensional soundstage. Very low noise and distortion.

I’d now like to add a tube preamp and have a few questions. What are the pros and cons of the phonostage built into the pre vs as a separate? My amp only has balanced in’s but I can use an XLR to RCA adapter if necessary, are there any concerns with using the adapter? Finally, any recommendations up to about $3-5k with some flexibility?

Thanks
jszei
Great guys at Spearit.....I have purchased a number of components from them over the years and they always treated me right....

I purchased my c-j Classic 2 SE from them, and while I didn't take them up on a home demo, they had their demo in a seriously good system and it sounded fantastic so I was prettty confident it would sound great in my system.   

I do regret not getting the optional phono stage ,  but at the moment I have no turntable.  Fortunately I did not sell my records so someday......
Like i said before, the MP-3 with phono or MP-1 with Phono not only will give you many years of trouble free operation. The Pre-amp is dead quiet, Musical, Conveys emotions to the listener in such a way once you settle down with this gear their is no going back!! 
You will get everything in spades. This is a Pre-amp and Phono in one box and in my opinion its a more superior setup than having 2 box version as you are adding more variables to the equation.

Iv been in this hobby for over 25 years.  Spent more money on this hobby than I have on anything else in my life.  I came to a point of giving up and just sticking to commercial electronics then I found Atma-Sphere.

What ever you go for, at least hear the MP-1 and 3 before you decide. I know for a fact once you hear a properly broken in unit setup on a nice system doing A and B testing you will come to a realisation. Kind of like your elevated on a higher spiritual plane. Everything just becomes clearer.

Hi jscei,
I have the Benchmark amps - I have paired them with several preamps, including very high end ones (Esoteric Grandioso C1), but the best association I have so far is with the Coincident Statement Line Stage, which has true balanced connects. You also have the model with the phonostage included. I have the one without phono, and using upgraded Psvane WE101D tubes. Absolutely fabulous. Never heard so much high and lows and beautiful mids, just an excellent combination of tube with transistor - it will enhance the qualities of the Benchmark (clear and detailed sound with enormous attack and dynamics) playing very close to a very high end system. In time, if you can add a second Benchmark bridged in monos, you would have total control of the speakers and added image/soundstage precision.