Best / Cheapest desktop micro-amp?

Time for what I hope is another fun thread. My little Lepai 10w/ch amp isn't cutting it as a desktop amp anymore now that I'm back into games. Also want to minimize the number of audio gadgets.

So far I have three or so good contenders:

• Parasound Zamp : 45w/ch + headphone amp
  • PS Audio Sprout
  • NAD D 3020

Interestingly, the Zamp is one of the few linear amps left in this category. It also has no DAC and no switching functions, while the other two do.

So for size/power/cost/convenience, what sort of solution would you recommend?

Absolute spending limit (new or used) is $500, but I'm actually looking for under $200.
erik_squires
Out of your choices, I would probably choose Zamp because of linear power supply and just brute force. Unless you wanted something to manually control volume (instead of using Windows Volume or separate preamp). Otherwise, I would personally go with Sprout because of the sonic signature.  Though, Sprout is a swiss army knife of features, which you are paying for in addition to the amp.   I know that NAD tends to go on the warm side of things where PS Audio is more neutral/fast. I don’t know of any other options. Peachtree Integrated/DAC? But that’s at least twice your budget.