Who listens primarily to Redbook CD?

My primary (only, actually) source is a CEC TL5 Transport feeding an Audio Note Kit 1.1 NOS DAC through a Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme AES/EBU digital cable. They are both decked out with CT GE power cords, Synergistic Research Quantum Black fuses, Herbie's Audio Lab Tenderfeet isolation footers, plus other misc. tweaks.

Sounds great, and I have very little desire to add another source. Pretty much all the music I want is available on CD, and is usually quite cheap. I hope to upgrade to an AN factory DAC (3.1x/II, or better, would be nice), and a Teo Audio liquid metal digital cable (I have their Game Changer ICs, and absolutely love them!) in the future.

Who else is happy with Redbook CD as their primary source?
tommylion
The last 5 years I have heard exceptional inexpensive DAC's that play Redbook as well as they play high-res.

I'm not really as interested in hi res/MQA anymore as a result.
After reading this thread, it makes me second guess my thoughts towards streaming and just trying out a really good DAC for my SACD player. I can be fickle that way.🤔

All the best,
Nonoise
If you’re looking for a dedicated CD Transport, I don’t think you’ll find a better one than the CEC TL5, for the money (around $2000). Here are a couple European reviews:

http://hifipig.com/cec-tl5-belt-drive-cd-transport/

http://www.tg-acoustics.com/tg-acoustics_Review_CEC%20TL5.pdf

I just wish it was easier to get the factory 120V version in the US. The North American distributor in Montreal (Pascal of Mutine Inc.) is semi-retired, and sometimes hard to get hold of. After I got in touch with him, I had to bank wire him payment (no credit cards). He then placed the order, and it was drop-shipped to me from Japan. It was worth the hassle, though. You can order a gray market one from Japan for cheaper, but it is the 100V version, and you have to use a wallwart power adapter. Pascal also orders it with the full size CD stabilizer, that covers the entire disc, rather than the smaller one that comes standard with the TL5. According to him, this makes a significant difference in the sound.
ME.  I have about 2,000 CDs ripped onto my computer (mac mini).  The real SQ problem is in the mastering or recording made, so I am always looking for better releases.

I also have a couple dozen SACDs, and many of the CDs have HDCD processing on them.

I kept about 15 LPs (mostly MFSL, etc.) and have some live cassette tapes of concerts I have not listened to in the last few decades...

TAS has a laudatory review out on the Yggy DAC, which is supposed to make Redbook sing...

I may buy one and see.
Redbook CD is my only source and I love it! Consonance Opera Reference 2.2 , modified by Stephen Montey as "factory" mods, which apparently they were not. But the mods made definite improvements over the stock gear.