Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
So, a lovely resolution and a mystery have presented themselves..

My amp, after barely functioning the morning after my screw up, works perfectly now. I put it back in, just to triple check that it is the amp, not the pre, and it's back to normal. I did disconnect the input connector and reseat it, as well as remove the fuse, check it and reinstall it. At any rate, yay!
As for the mystery, I bought these from an Audiogon seller who said they were Ghent audio monos. When I opened the case, though, these amps each have one ICEpower 500 asp module, not the 2 ICEpower 200 ASP modules per amp that Ghent uses. So these are not Ghent monoblocks.. I guess someone built these themselves using Ghent cases.
Interesting.. 
Todd,

Glad to hear the amp is working now,You gotta be careful buying stuff like that you never know how misleading some folks can be.

Kenny.