Who listens primarily to Redbook CD?

My primary (only, actually) source is a CEC TL5 Transport feeding an Audio Note Kit 1.1 NOS DAC through a Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme AES/EBU digital cable. They are both decked out with CT GE power cords, Synergistic Research Quantum Black fuses, Herbie's Audio Lab Tenderfeet isolation footers, plus other misc. tweaks.

Sounds great, and I have very little desire to add another source. Pretty much all the music I want is available on CD, and is usually quite cheap. I hope to upgrade to an AN factory DAC (3.1x/II, or better, would be nice), and a Teo Audio liquid metal digital cable (I have their Game Changer ICs, and absolutely love them!) in the future.

Who else is happy with Redbook CD as their primary source?
tommylion
Most of the CD's I own are Redbook and I'm happy with them. The only major exception would be my LP's.
I recently doubled down on discs via my latest digital upgrade. Haven’t seen much point in going to downloads (but my system is ready if I change my mind).

Every time I upgrade my system I’m amazed at how much more info there is on RBCD. I have some SACDs but 99% of my listening is RBCD and I have no complaints.
I basically stream from Tidal which is basically redbook cd quality. Am very happy with the quality and have never found hi-rez to be better
Alan
tommylion-
"I primarily listen to redbook CD". I use an Ayre cx-7emp. I’m using a 15" x 18"x 2" Mapleshade block with black powder coated Surefeet. I have a Gutwire Notepad that I place on top the transport.

I also use the Oppo BDP105D though it’s not quite as good as the Ayre. However the Oppo allows me to play all other formats. Besides being a kicka## Blue Ray player, I stream Pandora, (low-rez) and use the DAC via several inputs. (USB hi-rez) I still like my redbook best. The Ayre has better pace, thunderous low end, sounds more life like and finds more music in the grooves of the disc than the Oppo.

N