Readers Digest Classical Collections should be reissued

Someone should talk to Analogue Productions to make a limited run of the Beethoven Cycle and A Festival in Light Classical Music by Readers Digest.  Every time I listen to them I cannot believe these have been overlooked as they are some of the best classical recordings and performances available.  Chesky did reissue a few on vinyl but most were just on CD and they could have been better.  I cannot believe with all the Living stereo reissues that these have been overlooked.  They are just as good as any Living Stereo if not better.  They are some of Deccas finest.  Does anyone know why these have been avoided?  Seems strange as I would think most audiophiles would be all over these.
tzh21y
Thank you thank you for this heads up. Regretfully I just passed on a readers box set this last weekend at my local DAV. It was in great shape but because it said Readers Digest I foolishly did not even give it a chance. 

as far as i know, the festival in light classical music, the Beethoven Cycle with Rene Leibowitz, and I believe their is one more from this era from  the late fifties and early sixties that are the ones to have.  they are true Decca recordings.  many of the Readers Digest Box sets are in Mono so you have to look for the ones that say cyclophonic miracle sound. on the records they actually say "stereophonic" on the records.  These are for all intensive purposes Living Stereo recordings.  I had a hard time finding a stereophonic copy.  Most I see are mono.  Pomp and Circumstance and Night on Bald Mountain on this album is amazing.  It was released by Chesky on an lp called Sir Adrian Boult Concert favorites on 180 gram vinyl by RTI.  It is rare and I have only seen a few copies.  It is amazing and just as good as the Ballet on Soria.  A true show off your system record.
"as far as i know, the festival in light classical music, the Beethoven Cycle with Rene Leibowitz, and I believe their is one more from this era from the late fifties and early sixties that are the ones to have. they are true Decca recordings. many of the Readers Digest Box sets are in Mono so you have to look for the ones that say cyclophonic miracle sound. on the records they actually say "stereophonic" on the records. These are for all intensive purposes Living Stereo recordings."

tzh21y- that’s some useful info for the next trip,Thanks. That vintage sounds like is a rare find. I’ve only scored 70’s editions, which are quite common.
Not quite the quality you speak of, but good music, and cheap.

Speaking of "a true show of your system record." I’m willing to bet there’s a "Fanfare for the Common Man" in a compilation of Copland. That’s what I’d love to find.
Speaking of "a true show of your system record." I’m willing to bet there’s a "Fanfare for the Common Man" in a compilation of Copland. That’s what I’d love to find.
I have the Copland box of the Time/Life "Great Men of Music," and yes, "Fanfare for the Common Man" is one of the many pieces in that box, Disk 1, track 1 specifically. It's particularly close to my heart because that fanfare was commisioned by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra in 1943. Eugene Goossens was the conductor at the time, and he commissioned 10 such fanfares among as many contemorary composers as a patriotic tribute during WWII. For context, after his 15-yr stint in Cincinnati, Goossens became musical director in Sydney, Australia, and was a primary influence in getting the iconic Sydney Opera House built.

Agree, they really are plentiful.  So are the "Philharmonic family of great music" and the "Basic library of the worlds greatest music" LP collections.  I think I bought both complete set in unplayed condition at garage sales for just a few dollars.  Same with thr Readers Digest collections.

My Son who has thousands of classicsl CD's is alwasy amazed at how good some of these older recordings are.  Not to mention the musicianship.  These record mostlt comprise my modest classical collection.  (I know, but I am a Jazz nut)

N.