Plinius Hiato

I'm looking for opinions or 1st hand listening experience with this integrated amp. Any and all input would be appreciated. BTW- I'm currently using a Parasound Halo Integrated driving Martin Logan Montis's.

Thanks in advance,

krelldog
krelldog
Never had a Hialto which is just a bigger version of the Hutonga.

I will sum up the Plinius sound as very rich and engaging and one of the great matches with ML, way better than Hegel, Sim Audio, and many others affordable near reference class amplifiers.

I would still prefer a Coda CS IB at $6k over a Hialto or Hutonga and a T+A PA 2500R which costs $11k if that was in my budget. The T+A gear is simply the best solid state out there but unfortunately is quite expensive, but boy it has the PRAT thing down pat.

However if I was looking at sub $5k then I would strongly consider the brand new Anthem STR which is $4,500.00

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/model=str-integrated-amplifier/page=overview

We just got our display sample and all I can say is this integrated amplifier is going to shake up the market at is price point it is un-beatable.

The STR adds a really good dac which handles all sampling frequencies, has a massive 200 watts 8/400 watts 4 and 550 2 ohm, power amplifier pure class A/B, some kind of high tech/high resolution preamp stage, MC/MM phono and adds in Anthem Room Correction for ultra tight deep bass.

We just put out our demo this morning, and I am already shocked after a few hours of playing how musical this integrated amplifier is.

Another neat trick with the STR is is has a load matching circuit which compensates for difficult loads.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor

I have esl too and looking into adcom 565se! Currently using Nad c390dd Roger Sanders recommend I try a beefy class A/B amp!
KW6 not in this lifetime would i recommend an Adcom, which are anything but silky. 

The Adcom is a good cheapie amp but as with all cheapie amps they  lack refinement and usually have a less then sweet top end.