I have a blown driver and I'm not sure what to do

I have a set of Paradigm Speakers that make up my 7.1 set-up.  I had blown driver in one of the ADP 590s I'm using for a side speaker and replaced a driver in it ($300) 

I hear distortion in the other ADP and I'm pretty sure it's ANOTHER blown driver.  The price of the driver has gone up to $500.....same exact part.

Part ID # 2030800007 

I don't know that it's worth it....

Any thoughts?

128x128shweinhold
Thank you E,

It looks like they will work with me on the driver.  They are willing to sell it to me for the price I paid two years ago ($300), but I will ask that question.

RIght now I'm just deciding what to drive it with from here.  I know that splitting is the best way to go.

Anthem MRX 720
OR
Anthem AV60 and Anthem PA 7
OR
Sunfire TGA-7201 (7401 seem like over-kill for what I have?)
OR
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/processors-sunfire-theater-grand-iii-7-1-channel-surround-sound-pr...

A few people have said that the Anthem has the best room-correction software.  Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks again for all of the input!

I'm excited to get this repaired, and to improve the sound.  I'm a professional musician, and sadly, don't just listen to music much anymore. 

Perhaps this will inspire me to listen more!

Scott

I heard something wrong in my left Vandersteen 5A...  I  ran the Ayre break in disc which has a slow glide tone from 20 - 20,000 hz, which revealed that the midrange was the culprit.  I took out 4 screws, cut the wires to the driver and sent it back to Vandersteen who rebuilt the speaker for 150.00.  It now plays as when I first bought the speaker.
I ordered my PA7 and AV60 today, as well as a power conditioner.

Anyone have a recommended app or sound source for testing the speaker with pink or white noise?

I want to make sure it's blown before I get the new driver.  It may have just been (I'm hoping) a distortion from the amp at that frequency (wishful thinking, I know)

Thanks for all the advice,

Scott

Scott, pink or white noise might do the trick but a better test would be a set of frequency sweep tones.  Unhook the speaker that you think is ok and play the set of tones that should be covered by the driver in question (be careful of the volume).  A truly blown driver should be obvious.  I don't have a source for the tones right now as I'm at work but I'm sure others will chime in with a link.  Dick
@shweinhold
where do you live and do you still have 1 properly working driver?