I have a blown driver and I'm not sure what to do

I have a set of Paradigm Speakers that make up my 7.1 set-up.  I had blown driver in one of the ADP 590s I'm using for a side speaker and replaced a driver in it ($300) 

I hear distortion in the other ADP and I'm pretty sure it's ANOTHER blown driver.  The price of the driver has gone up to $500.....same exact part.

Part ID # 2030800007 

I don't know that it's worth it....

Any thoughts?

128x128shweinhold
Anthem MRX 720?

I hear Anthem has great room correction software so I could also split it with the AVM 60 and an amp, but I don't know if I want spend the monry right now.

My house also needs windows :-)

Thinking about this problem today, contact Paradigm and ask if there is an undocumented upgrade.

Sometimes speakers go out, develop issues like this, and the manufacturer makes a change to the crossover to reduce the load on the tweeter.

It's a long shot, but worth asking.

Best,

E
Thank you E,

It looks like they will work with me on the driver.  They are willing to sell it to me for the price I paid two years ago ($300), but I will ask that question.

RIght now I'm just deciding what to drive it with from here.  I know that splitting is the best way to go.

Anthem MRX 720
OR
Anthem AV60 and Anthem PA 7
OR
Sunfire TGA-7201 (7401 seem like over-kill for what I have?)
OR
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/processors-sunfire-theater-grand-iii-7-1-channel-surround-sound-pr...

A few people have said that the Anthem has the best room-correction software.  Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks again for all of the input!

I'm excited to get this repaired, and to improve the sound.  I'm a professional musician, and sadly, don't just listen to music much anymore. 

Perhaps this will inspire me to listen more!

Scott

I heard something wrong in my left Vandersteen 5A...  I  ran the Ayre break in disc which has a slow glide tone from 20 - 20,000 hz, which revealed that the midrange was the culprit.  I took out 4 screws, cut the wires to the driver and sent it back to Vandersteen who rebuilt the speaker for 150.00.  It now plays as when I first bought the speaker.
I ordered my PA7 and AV60 today, as well as a power conditioner.

Anyone have a recommended app or sound source for testing the speaker with pink or white noise?

I want to make sure it's blown before I get the new driver.  It may have just been (I'm hoping) a distortion from the amp at that frequency (wishful thinking, I know)

Thanks for all the advice,

Scott