If NOS pre or power tubes became unavailable altogether, what new tubes would you buy?

Hey tuberollers, 

I'm curious to see what happens if there's a gun to your head, or more practically all NOS tubes disappear (dread).  What would you do with your line/pre stage and/or power stage?  

I have tried 5 different NOS 12AU7s and only 1 new 12AU7 in my preamp section (Cifte, RCA black plates (late 50s), Sylvanias, Baldwin organ tubes, Amperex 70s orange globes, and new Chinese stock Primaluna tubes).  In my power section, I have not tried any NOS tubes and 3 types of tubes (stock Chinese Primaluna EL34s, reissue Mullard EL34s, and reissue Gold Lion KT88s).  

Side note: I haven't ventured into NOS power tubes because of the cost and availability/scarcity.  I need 8 of them!

Without having tried anything else, I would be lost on new or reissue 12AU7s.  On the power tube side, I'd be just fine with either the reissue Mullard EL34s or the Gold Lion KT88s.  
128x128jbhiller
Bigkidz, That's sooooo interesting, but I feel miles away from starting that project.  I would, however, like to learn more about it.  
Post removed 
I recently found out that New Sensor Corp. In Russia purchased some of the old European tube machines that some of the legendary tubes were built on. 

That being said I was using new production Mullards for a few years on my el34 based amps with a lot of failures. 

Purchased the new production tungsol, not only do they sound better but have no failures. Supposedly made on the NOS machines. Review below. 

EL34-family Tube Comparison! | Wall of Sound | Audio and Music Reviews
http://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/tubes/el34-tube-comparison-with-tubes-supplied-by-www-thetubestor...

Same with a pair of new production  genalex gold lion 12ax7 that I purchased from Jim McShane. Superb sounding and supposedly made on old machines. 

ElectroHarmonix 6922's as well

Don’t forget, all you NOS tube people and other people, too. You really must have at least one Herbies tube damper on those 6SN7 output tubes; one on the glass where the getter is located, the other one on the base of the tube. Whoa, Daddy!