phase linear amplifiers

back in the early 70's I bought a phase linear 400 amp. never will buy phase linear again. in 2000. it fried 3 of my speakers. later on I read they they were known to do this. they were  cheap money for the big watts but were not well designed well to work under stress. I have McIntosh now. no worrys!
128x128g_nakamoto

you guys are right. i did post twice because i'm not to good with a computer. i did use mine from 1973 till 1989. then had it in storage till 2000. i would say there have been many amps since 1970. some are inexpensive some are not. i only bought the 400 because of the price. after reading many reviews some say it was'nt well designed. that may be true or not but i have 9k mcintosh amp now.

I guess we all know now that you hate Phase linear.  I think I've read this phase 400 slam on three threads now.

I'm sure the next step here is to slam Bob Carver? I didn't think so.  The man has more patents than any amp designer that comes to mind, save Nelson Pass.

It  sounds like your amp gave you good service. Really anything no matter how well built can fail from time to time.. Everything has an expiration date, that's why routine service is recommended.

enjoy your Mac amp.  Good gear, but it too will need service at one point or another.

N

Wait a second.  You had the amp since 1973 and never bothered to service them for 27 years (eg, at minimum recapping). Now your complaining the amp failed?  The fault is on you and not the amplifier. Why would you post something that happened to you in 17 years ago? And why would you compare an affordable no longer in production SS amp to a pricey macintosh?  I don't get the point of your post.
i've had it for that long and maybe you're right about having it serviced. but i've never had any issues with it until it fried my speakers with "dc" current" and there was no warning.