Preamp - Ayre vs. Audio Research

If anyone has heard both the Audio Research Reference 6 and the Ayre KX-R Twenty preamp, please describe the differences in their sound.

I recently settled on a D'Agostino Momentum S-250 amplifier. I compared it to a pair of Ayre MX-R Twenties, and my report can be found on a thread called D'Agostino vs Ayre. 

Unfortunately, the Momentum preamp does not offer a line out option, and I want that for headphone amp operation. So, I am considering the AR or Ayre preamp options. Thoughts?
imgoodwithtools
Very nice! imgoodwithtools.

I will second ,Galen Carol. He is a fine audiophile.

Happy Listening!
Curious to hear what you think of the REF6! 
We've paired both the REF6 and REF 10 with D'Agostino Progressions, and it feels like a perfect match. It's definitely not for the folks who think a preamp should add nothing, as the ARC is definitely in the "additive" category. 
But what it adds, it's impressive indeed. The air, soundstage depth/width, presence, I don't know many preamps that are able to do that.
And I did have the non-Twenty Ayre in the store for a bit, and I thought it was simply too dry, even with the matching Ayre amps.
Anyway, we're going to show the D'Agostino + ARC REF 10 combo at the LA Audio Show next weekend, if anybody's curious...

cheers,
Alex

Alex- almaaudio

I have heard the ARC Ref5SE on many occasions. I have not had an opportunity to demo the new Ref6.  How much, if any, improvement(s) between these (2) pre-amps?

The rest of the system in question was;

Wilson -Sasha & Sophia speakers

ARC Ref 150 power amp and Bryston 4B-SST power amp.

ARC CD player

Transparent OPUS cabling all around.

Happy Listening!