Golden ear triton 1 vs tekton double impact speakers

With so much positive information about both do you have a preference? Have you heard both?
tooth2th
Having owned the Golden Ear Triton One  for 14 months and subsequently selling only because of the forthcoming Triton Reference - which I am patiently waiting another 7 weeks or so for - my recommendation is Golden Ear. Admittedly, I never heard/seen the tekton double impact speakers though.

gdhal................

Still waiting for my pair of Reference as well.  I am keeping my Triton Ones though and moving them into my secondary system.  The Triton Twos in the secondary system will be posted for sale by end of Summer.

I never heard the double impact speakers but I did have a pair of the Pendragons in my system for a period of a week.  Personally, I didn't care for them so back they went to the factory.

I’d go with the Golden Ear Triton 1, even though I haven’t heard them, I have a problem with the thought and the physics of asking that all those tweeters in the Tekton can act in perfect unison without any smearing/time lag problems, painstaking matching of all of them still can’t be exact as one good tweeter working in it’s optimal power and frequency range.

Cheers George
George, the tweeter array in the Tektons sounds marvelous. Don't write them off just because they're unconventional. I have the Double Impacts and the 7 tweeter array produces a magical sounding midrange. Live recordings and vocals are amazing on them.
George, the tweeter array in the Tektons sounds marvelous. Don't write them off just because they're unconventional. I have the Double Impacts and the 7 tweeter array produces a magical sounding midrange. Live recordings and vocals are amazing on them.

I second that and I hear more clarity,weight,as much detail and inner detail along with delicacy when the recording has it and just plainly sounds real and sized correctly than any other speaker that I have owned or heard including panels.

I haven't heard any of the GE speakers and really don't care too they look pretty quirky to me.

Also I do believe that Eric tests and matches the 7 tweeters in the array mine are marked with numbers on the back of them.

George, I have heard some line array speakers in the past that have the problems you mentioned but the DI's simply don't I'm stil amazed everyday with mine.

Kenny.