Lamm LL2 Deluxe....

Assuming that this pre is in excellent condition, do you think $2500.00 if fair, or a little high since it is over 10 years old?
128x128roxy54
Rox- glad that worked out for you. When I bought my Lamm gear, all used, I had Vlad go over it. He didn't charge much to replace a few parts on the amps, and updated my line stage- the L2- to the then current spec. They are very nice people- Elina is really terrific at getting stuff done, and if you catch Vlad, he can be charming as hell. All the work is done in a small residential duplex in Deep Brooklyn. Until recently, I lived in NY, so we'd drive stuff over for repair or a check up. (I had Vlad go over my amps before I moved, to avoid the burden of shipping from Texas). 
Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll be pleased, and if not, there is a solid market for Lamm products. 
Price looks pretty fair to me, especially since folks seem to be asking about a thousand more for a 2.1 version.  I'd jump at it if I needed a preamp--I think it would handily beat anything out there at that price..  The dual volume controls are a great way to replace a balance control, too.

I bought the LL2, and had it shipped directly to Vlad in Brooklyn. He can't add an actual switch on the front panel, but he can permanently lower the gain, which is fine with me because I will never need it to be high.

He is really nice, and started working on it right away. He's going to give it a thorough going over and change a few electrolytics etc.

Thanks again whart.