Best interconnect burn-in method

I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to double check with everyone.  I am in the process of burning in an XLR interconnect.  The interconnect is between the DAC and the integrated amp.  I am using a laptop as the source, and it is connecting via USB cable to the DAC.  Is it true that I am still burning in the XLR IC if I leave the integrated amp turned off while playing music continuously on my laptop with the DAC turned on?  Thank you for your input.

respected_ent
Post removed 
As someone born in 1935 I can assure you what passes for music at present does NOT serve as a guide  and actually makes my point 
on culture .
Take a rock concert for instance, it is impossible that  X-thousand people
could all decide to  raise their arm , same arm, at same time , and wave same in unison because of the music . It is a social event not a musical one
and follows that cultural norm . Reminds me of a Nazi rally(no joke) .
Yes on selection but that is not evolution .
 Yes also on new gear as well .
Things are worse than you think. Much worse. You only think science, acoustics, electronics, neuroscience, whatever, can explain it all and that you can actually control it because you’ve lived with your while life. Besides, it’s subconscious. You can’t do anything about it even if you wanted to. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You can’t control the controllers. - Anonymous

note to self: you know you’re probably in a controversial thread as soon as the word Nazi raises its head.

Actually its good news, if you only put good stuff in your subconscious , and don't do drugs, only good stuff comes out .
Sorry to be the one to tell you but you cannot control what goes into the subconscious. Hence the "sub" in subconscious. Especially when what’s in the subconscious was put there hundreds of thousands of years ago and has remained there through the evolution process. You aren't born with a clean slate. You cannot control the controller.