Lamm LL2 Deluxe....

Assuming that this pre is in excellent condition, do you think $2500.00 if fair, or a little high since it is over 10 years old?
128x128roxy54

Actually, as of yesterday, the output is a concern for me too. I have one pair of speakers that are really efficient horns, and 2 others that are just average. The new version has a switch that lowers the output drastically, but it's way out of my price range. I don't care about the remote, and actually love the dual volume controls, as I have them on a different pre and use them as a balance control. 

I wonder how much of an issue the output would be. I can't turn up the volume much on my current pre, but it sounds good.

If David Karmeli weighs in, perhaps he could help. Maybe Vlad could add the attenuation switch. Worth finding out. Not sure what sonic differences exist between the 2 and 2.1
I've owned various Lamm gear over the years and have been very happy with it. Service and support has been great too, despite the fact that it is essentially a one man show (though Vlad's wife is terrific in coordinating things). 

whart,

My heartfelt thanks! I missed the obvious until you mentioned it. I just called Lamm, and spoke to his wife, and they can add the attenuation option for $245.00. He will also give it a thorough going over for another $120.00.

Thanks Again, John

Stereophile has an in depth review of this component and based on their review, and having it paired with an amplifier with a "normal" input impedance, e.g., higher than 20K ohms, I personally would not hesitate to own this  LL2 for $2500. A comparable quality tube preamp in the used market would demand a higher price.
Yes, most seem to agree that it's a very good pre, and well balanced overall.