Quad 989 vs. SoundLab Millennium 2

I live in a rural area and cannot compare these at dealers. But I know enough from using ESL 63s for a few years and having heard A1 and A3s that either the 989 or M2 will be my next speaker. Anyone heard either or have comments on sonic comparisons? Thanks, Jeffrey email or 805 434 9220 California
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjeffreyfranz
I have in what is my second system, ELS 63's and tried 989's when I was upgrading, and then SoundLabs - chalk and cheese! SoundLabs excelled and surpassed the 989's in every area.
I went on to build my high-end system around a pair of SoundLab U1-Px. These proved a little hard to find the best tube amplifiers to drive them but I got good advice from the Stateside dealers, thanks again Atmasphere.
Scousepasty, uh, sure- I was helpful somehow??

FWIW about 80% of our MA-2s production seem to be running on Sound Labs.
Atmasphere-

A belated thanks for the comment. If I had known your adroitness and willingness I would have sent the amps to you!

I sold the Wolcotts and the Levinson. The Levinson kept crapping out due to thermal shutoff. I had a old carver amp as a backup 200WPC? that worked better than it did. The 432 was the nadir of the Levinson line as I found out later. What a dog.

Now using a Sandersound Magtech amp and I couldn't be happier. I would love to get your amps but you folks are beyond my pay grade, more's the pity.

I now have an Oppo BD-105 handling digital audio. Wonderful, flexible product. I've only used the Ikeda (the real kind with the Decca design) about 50 hours since it was retipped/updated by the late man himself so I am going to sell it and put the Ortofon on the Linn. It's been awhile since I've been on Agon and it is good to be back.