Denon AVR-2808CI or Onkyo TX-SR805?

Hi. I'm putting together my first home theater setup and so far have purchased a Samsung LN46A650 and the KEF KHT 3005 SE 5.1 speaker system. I'm leaning toward an Oppo 981 as the source and am weighing the Denon vs. the Onkyo receiver. The setup will be in a 15x18 foot family room that opens up to a kitchen around the same dimensions. I'll need a second zone because I plan to eventually run a pair of speakers to an adjoining patio. I'm a newbie, so I'd like to have a receiver that's fairly easy to set up and operate. Any opinions as to the best receiver for me?
newsman
I can't speak to the Denon, although I have an older model. I absolutely love my 805. All the processing I need, easy to operate menus, lit remote, 3 zones. That said, I am not using the amps. I will try the amps for my surround speakers this week just to try them. Many online retailers let you try for 30 days without penalty, such as JR.
I'm leaning toward the 805 myself. Seems like it has some very good features for a competitive price (including three HDMI inputs, vs. two on the 2808). I've read some threads about how it runs very hot and some occasional complaints about a popping noise, but mine would be on an open shelf, so I'm not that worried about it. One other thing: the Onkyo has HDMI 1.3 while the Denon has 1.3a. I guess the difference is deeper color with the 1.3a. I was wondering whether it's that big a factor.
I cannot speak to the HDMI issue since I only have component input on my older HDTV. It runs somewhat hot, but not excessively so in my rack. I have had no popping noise, no need to unplug or reset, no failure of any kind. I was told that this 805 is made in Japan, and the models below are made in China. I don't know if it matters, but I feel better about the quality.
And, another thing, the Multi-EQ XT Audyssey really does make a difference for surround sound.
Tgrisham,

How is the 805 as a 2 channel preamp, and what amps are you running with it?