Audioquest Niagara 5000 or 7000

Anyone have any experience with either of these two Products?  I find them intriguing and might consider buying one.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjoesolek
jafant I just had a dedicated 20 amp line installed with an Audioquest NRG outlet.
I have the Niagara 5000. I’d say it definitely has no negative impact, but in my situation it certainly wasn’t a life changer. I do think we have clean power here so for someone with dirty power it might make a bigger difference. What you do get, and I needed, is non-sacrificial surge protection as well as high voltage protection. It is a well built unit and the plugs have perhaps an even stronger grip than advertised. The difference between the 5000 and 7000, besides $4K in cost, are the isolation transformers for the lower powered components in the 7000. The high current bank is identical between the 5000 and 7000. One thing to consider is the 7000 can have some transformer hum, which can be increased if using it with tube electronics. The 5000 operates dead silent.

Very nice! joesolek

I would give it 6 months trial period prior to buying any Power/Line Conditioners.

Happy Listening!

Keep me posted- tdimler

as you massage this conditioner into your system.

Happy Listening!

Well, I bought the 5000 and hooked it up on Friday.  It has improved my system.  Bass is more authoritative.  Vocals more distinct and forward.  Never thought that I would say this, but there is more "air" around the instruments.  Noticeable audio improvement all around.  I have to live with it for a longer time, but this is my initial positive impression.  Pretty happy.