Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
Well, I tried the Terra Grande CAT 7, the Swedish CAT 8 and then went back to my Audioquest Vodka.  Night and Day. The Audioquest brought back the sound. The other cables were so bright, I started reworking my room acoustics to soften a harsh, raspy high and clanging mid-range. And while it may be system dependent, or ear dependent, I will depend on the Vodka until I buy a more expensive Audioquest to replace it. And no, I am not trolling for AQ, but I have heard most of their line and each level has a noticeable improvement in sound quality.  I also believe Kimber makes some great cables. I use a full tube complement powering Soundlab U-2s, with pre-amp and amps that are custom hand-made units and the U-2s are modified. Except in the summer, when I use a class D amp that provides a change-up in the sonic picture and lowers the heat load considerably.
Well I assume the only cable that was burned in was the Vodka? That will certainly impact the outcome. Please let us know about the run in time on the other cables.

thanks
I think you're caught up in a fantasy fueled by your desire to sell cables.  Spend your money on brand new speakers.   
the only cable that can really affect SQ (rather than individual preferences like cable swaps on some speakers) is the DC cable from a power supply to a DAC

and even that can be problematical