Lexicon vs Meridian

Looking to buy a used processor. Have my eye on 3:
Lexicon dc 2
Meridian 565 with z3 for DD/DTS
Proceed avp version 1

I only need HT use as I have a dedicataed 2 channel system. Using with Cary cinema 5 and Merlin speakers. Suggestions appreciated.
jamesw20
I haven't listened to the current Lexicon offerings and my Meridian processort is a pre-DTS version, but I had the big Lexicon in my system at that time, and it sounded far more artificial (if that is possible) than the Meridian. Better than both, at least by 'analog' standards was the then cheap Fosgate- not the top of the line. It actually sounded decent.

These things must go pretty cheaply in the used market, yes?

And, what about the Theta, or the older big Meridian, I think it was the 800 series?
You can throw Theta, 800 Meridian, Bryston, Anthem, and surely a few others in this mix, but I think Jamesw20 has selected the above because they all sell on the preowned market in the $500 to $850 price points. The Thetas (CasaNova/Blanca), Meridian 861, Bryston, and Anthems do not fall into this category.

I could be wrong, but this is my bet.
I have a 565 with the Z3 upgrade (and a stack of other 500 series gear feeding Meridian digital and active analogue speakers. Kind of tricky to setup unless you're patient, but the results are worth it. . .absolutely nothing that is artificial or exaggerated about the sound. I'd call it effortless.
Thanks for the suggestions. Porschecab is correct, I'm going for $500-$800. I have experiene with meridian having owned the 568 and 568.2 in the past for all my audio needs. I don't feel that I need that now as I have a tube 2 channel setup. Am I going to be benefited with the above over a denon/sony pro into my cary amp??
Forget the Meridian 565 as it is a real hastle to set-up and use. The 561 is a much better choice and actually outperforms the Lexicon for movies which is not easy. The Proceed is an excellent processor but if you are only going to use this system for movies than the 561 is the way to go. I actually enjoyed my 561 for movies better than the 568 that I owned as well. The 568 was superior for music though.
The Lexicon would be my second choice for a movie only system, I personally think Lexicon sounds like somebody puts sand in your ears for music but for movies it does a real nice job.