Paradigm and Revel

This is my first post. A buddy told me about Audiogon, what a great place. Ok, so I would like to upgrade my speakers. While on vacation I had the chance to hear the Paradigm 85f in one location and the Revel f206 in another location. I like both, prices are similar and size is similar . I have a REL t7 sub to go with either of these. Don' t think I can go wrong with either. This will be for music,not movies. So a 2.1 at best. Music preference is jazz, jazz vocal, some soft rock and whatever when the kids are home. Any ideas or opinions would be great. Thankx in advance.

arthurd
I have not heard a paradigm I liked! I have liked all the revel speakers I have heard. IMO, the studio and salon II speakers are very very good and some of the best speakers for their price and above. 
From what I have seen at friends or in stores, paradigms are normally teamed up with mid fi equipment. Revel along with other makes usually recommend higher quality equipment 
just my opinion!
Thank you Bob!

I think I just need to experience more speakers. Ultimately it comes down to listening.  I'd certainly get the Harbeth or Magicos I mentioned above if they sound great to me even just as 2 way speakers. My current Paradigm Studio 100 V5's cover the full bandwidth pretty well. They can only accommodate an 8" woofer so don't go extremely low nor are they tight in the bass at least with my tube equipment but they are a 5 way speaker.
I listened to a lot of speakers when upgrading mine this past year.  Spent a lot of years in the industry. Bottom line, Revel F206 + good sub like a JL Audio E-110 or better, is simply FANTASTIC.  Most experienced listeners realize that virtually no speaker under $10K/pr can do the bottom octave of bass really well, so the F206 + the E-110 is an INCREDIBLE value for well under $5k.  I have experimented with a crossover point and find that 60hz to 80hz is the sweet spot for smooth seamless transition into that bottom octave!  I'm done!  I have a broad smile each and every time I listen to this combo.
Paradigm is a great company , I have owned their speakers and Anthem gear.    Good stuff.....   My current speakers are Revel M106 along with a REL R305 and it sounds excellent,  way better than a system it's size has a right to.   I'll admit they sounded a little lackluster with the first amp I used with them and at first almost regretted selling my PSB Platinum M2 which were a great speaker.  Then I picked up a pair of Quicksilver Mid Mono amps with KT 88 output tubes.   They sound huge and have great imaging whereas before they were a little anemic.   I love these speakers but as with any speaker it's a matter of  personal taste.