Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
And the reason I ask about the power cords is that ARC (my amp/pre-amp) clearly states in the owner's manual that substituting cords is a no-no; invalidates warranty T&Cs. Why, I wonder? It begs the question regarding all cable connections to their equipment. I suppose power to the device with wire that is unsafe/harmful might be their reasoning. In any case, I would like to try a Nordost 20 amp PC. I've heard the ARC REF 75SE/5SE PCs are made by Cardas. Does anyone know the facts?
wylmars
And the reason I ask about the power cords is that ARC (my amp/pre-amp) clearly states in the owner’s manual that substituting cords is a no-no; invalidates warranty T&Cs ...
If by ARC you are referring to Audio Research Corp., the manuals state no such thing. In fact, ARC posts its warranty terms right on its website, so I’m not sure why you fabricated this claim.
http://www.audioresearch.com/en-us/company/warranty-statement
Clarification (pg. 6, owner's manual): "it is important that the Reference 75 be connected via ITS SUPPLIED 20 amp IEC 12-gauge power receptacle". Continuing on with ARC US Warranty T&Cs, "the warranty is void and inapplicable if the product has been used or handled other than in accordance with the instructions in the owner's manual" (see pg 6 owner's manual excerpt, above)". My comment is not a fabricated claim, but a literal interpretation of the ARC owner's manual and warranty terms.
@wylmars but surely you read the next page of the manual that states there's no problem using alternative power cords

to quote p7
Caution should be taken before using custom after- market power cords: they must be at least 12-gauge and have a standard grounding plug properly installed. These power cords are to be used with caution, at the sole risk of the owner.
Oh my, I failed to see that. Thank you, folkfreak. I would really like to try an alternative power cord just to compare. But the "sole risk of the owner" does have a chilling implication. I wonder if "sole risk of the owner" can be interpreted as 'if something goes awry in the amp and is determined to be caused by a non-ARC PC' that the warranty is void? I'm just wanting to be careful ... these toys are expensive. I wouldn't want to void any warranty I may have with ARC. That said, I've used ARC equipment for more than a quarter century without a problem.