Ground Hum with Rega RP6, Exact and TT PSU.

Greetings.

Just purchased a Rega RP6, Exact, TTPSU and I am getting a HELL of a hum. I am using an Aragon 47K Phone pre amp. I unplugged the wall wart and the cable which goes from the table and it is still there. I seems to get worse when I turn it on and the tonearm gets close to the center of the arm spindle and it picks up a lot of motor noise. Just sold a 28 year old Linn Axis with a Signet Cartridge and never had this issue with just the normal hiss associated as you turn up the volume. It's not noticeable a lower volumes but it is there during quiet passages and it is extremely annoying. The table sounds way better but the noise is very intrusive and honestly I am disappointed after dropping almost $2000. Thanks in advance
pivetta
pivetta-
following the thread for enlightenment.

As a former owner of Regas older generation P2,P5and RP1,
I thought Rega tables are great for the money. I just moved on to a different brand and spent 4x the Rega! Never had a noise or any issue with them.

The RP6/8 are the  "sweet spot" in the Rega lineup and nicer sounding than the 1st generation Regas.

That being said, you still shouldn't have a noise  problem even if it were the RP1!

If you're certain its isolated to the new table/cart, your dealer hopefully assists you with a fair solution.

If you keep the RP6, the aftermarket subplatter is a substantial upgrade, along with the white belt. After that, you're treading dangerous waters $$ with upgrades. I would just save for a P10 if the Rega were my thing. Good luck

Go online and find some "MuMetal" adhesive backed shielding. Wether or not you have a ground issue Rega motors will make some cartridges hum like crazy. Lift the pulley and put a piece of the metal over motor. With luck this will solve the problem, but really needs to be done either way. 

Regards
Bruce
Anvil Turntables
Inside rega arms, at the back where the counterweight stub is threaded in, there is a ground wire attached to a tiny copper shim. The shim is held in place by tension in the deepest threads of the arm tube/stub connection. This wire comes lose and, bam, exactly the symptoms you're describing.  Tough to access and resolder but it will very likely save hours of searching for a source of hum. 

Get a friend or somebody that knows what they are doing for help . It could be simple or hard anything from an isolation transformer or ground who knows grounds can be complicated. Also some dealers do not know squat.
Try this if you haven't already:
Use 1 AC wall outlet receptacle for your entire system with the possible exception of your device with the wall wart ac plug. Just use a competent AC Strip.
Next float the ground of your power amp and phono stage (use a cheater plug). The goal is to have your preamp as the only piece with a grounded AC plug. 
Initially you can use a turntable ground wire. Turn everything on and give it a try. If the HUM is still present then unground the turntable and try again. Should work unless as mentioned previously your phono cartridge and TT are angry with each other.
Good luck!