Audiophile Humor

_

An audiophile is boasting to his club at a meeting about his exotic and tres expensive new interconnects. Veils have been lifted, levels of detail exposed, factors-of-ten improvements in sonics..."

As he does this, a club member sneaks over to the interconnect and scrubs off the brand name.

Seeing this, the first audiophile loudly proclaims, "You idiot! You've ruined them! Now I can't tell them apart from any other cheap interconnect!"

_

You know why speaker cables have different names?

So you can tell them apart.

_

How is listening to a turntable like hearing a drummer knocking on your door?

The sound keeps speeding up and slowing down.

__

What's the definition of a gentleman?

Someone who has a mint pristine first pressing Hi Fi copy of "Bang Barroom and Harp" and doesn't play it for you.

_

An audiophile saves up for years and years to get a mint copy of "Look of Love" and on the way home from picking it up, decides to stop at the record store to buy a protective cover for the sleeve.

"I'll only be inside a minute, I'll just leave it in the backseat, it's cool out. I'll lock up the car and be right back."

He's only gone for a moment, but when he comes out of the store he is crestfallen to see the back window has been broken out of his car. He races up to the window, expecting the worst.

When he looks inside the car, he sees......two copies of "Look of Love."

128x128mitch4t
these "jokes" are funny, because they hit at the woo-woo of uneducated audiophiles (no muffy, your advanced degree from Yale in Afghani basket weaving techniques does NOT count!)

Be sure to break in your electrical receptacles before replying!
Did anyone see Michael Fremer's recent video showing the great new BS6000 that some wag was showing at the Marketplace? Rather funny. Check it at 10mins 30sec here...
http://www.analogplanet.com/content/axpona-2017-marketplace-walk-through-0#J5xVDO4iw2LM8Kwk.97
(Gets to the sound under the grooves of your vinyl and reaches between the layers on your CD). Usually $6000 but had a "show-special" price of $8450. Splendid.
jaybe, "Best of Show" award. ;)  Hits closest to some of the hyperbole surrounding various objects offered for our attention.  It has gotten to the point that what used to be taken with a grain of salt has grown to the size of a salt lick...

"Whatya mean, you can't hear the difference?!"

Well, let's see...  Since my spouse claims that either I can't hear some things at times, balanced out by claims that I'm hearing things, I've come to the conclusion that my grip on reality (whatever It is) has loosened a tad.  There are days that I'm quite happy with that observation, given current thought that we're existing in a holographic universe or next to a parallel one that's running backwards.  But then I'm confronted by the claims that all that we read is 'fake', which on occasion is what I'd prefer anyway.

Now...I suspect that my experience isn't unique...or I'd prefer to delude self with that conception, if only for personal amusement and id/ego management protocols.  Which leads me to some interesting conclusions about 'life' in the abstract, and high end audio in the specific...

Which, if y'all have not passed out or passed on this little novella, ought to have lit the comprehension lightbulb as to my slant on the humour previously presented:

You bought it.  You like it.
I will be diplomatic about it if I can't hear it.
If pressed, I will be truthful, IMHO about what that might be.
Try not to take it as an attack.
Please return the favor.

Anyway....back to today's cartoon....;)