Projector and Screen recommendations

How can I get into a 1080P video projector with HDMI input and a pull down screen (not a supersize screen) for cheap. Viewing distance is anywhere from 12' to 18' depending on placement. The room is not real dark during the daylight hours.

I don't know what brand or price of each item to look for. I want rock bottom prices for a starter system.
128x128mjcmt
Kirkus,
I want to mount the screen behind a window valance to pull down in front of a bank of windows, so when you say "you MUST use an angular-reflective screen" are you saying it must pull down and stablized on an angle in line w/ the projector or viewing? Or are you saying the screen is angular-reflective in design?

I can easily be satisfied with a 67"-80" screen w/ 12' viewing distance. Is this satisfactory and what do I need to look at in a projector for this size? I'm thinking of a coffee table projector is is ceiling mounted better?
The Mitsubishi HC4900 is the cheapest on the market now. Check out www.projectorcentral.com for reviews on all projectors and comparisons. It is an excellent site to do comparison shopping.

Below is a link to a guy who sells refurbished HC4900's for only $1,395.00! They come with less than 100 hours and a full factory warranty from Mitsubishi.
www.theprojectorplace.com

Also, search on ebay for "Accuscreen". It is a very easy to assemble fixed projector screen that looks great and is very cheap. I paid $217 for a 92" fixed frame screen a while back. Best Buy quoted me for an identical screen $1200.00.

Also, search on ebay for a projector mount for the HC4900 -I bought one for about $50.

I purchased a 30' HDMI cable on ebay for $45 from Rixlabs and am very happy with the quality of the cable.

TOTAL COST for this 1080p setup only ~$1700!
Mounting the screen in front of a window would worry me. Are you going to use blackout shades behind it?
No, I can't use blackout shades. Our HDTV sits there with good results. But we do have good heavy plantation blinds on the windows. If a projection system is not feesable I'm willing to get a plasma TV.