E-Bay RETURNS, WHAT A BUCKET OF WORMS

I find out that if you buy a tuner or whatever on e-bay and open it up to put a tube or light bulb in , you have cancelled all your rights to return it......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk, I contact the seller and tell them I either need a adjustment or I need to return this........After 15 e-mails with the seller and e-bay about this I am informed that if I take the cover off I am a owner no mater what it looks like inside.......So be careful what you do if you want to return something.........ANOTHER INTERNET LESSON 
autospec
Post removed 
I have to admit that I buy a lot of music(CD's) on Ebay and my experience has been very positive. I usually buy new, unopened CD's but really, they have been great. I think you just have to understand what you're buying and you can always send the owner questions.
In my recent experience Ebay sides with the buyer. As a seller whenever a return request is done Ebay will do everything for the buyer. I got left negative feedback without any chance to defend myself. When a return request was opened up they refunded the jerk their money without any hesitation.

In your case I think you just need to open a return request and state that the product didn't match the sellers description.  You had to open up the electronics to verify condition. Buyers are fully protected by Ebay not the seller.
......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk

I am not sure I understand, was the unit not in original condition?  Someone removed the original parts or something? 

If you simply think the unit is a piece of junk and it is in the original factory condition then that is a manufacturers issue not the sellers issue.  If you open it up to make changes from the factory condition then you own it.  How would the seller know that what you did had no change on the unit?