Tekton Double Impacts Ordered Jan 3, 2017 and NOTHING

On Tuesday Jan 3, 2017 I called Tekton and ordered a pair of Double Impacts directly with Eric.

He answered all my questions and I went with all the upgrades and bi-wire binding posts.

Plus the PROBLEMATIC one (Not known by me at the time) Walnut veneers with gloss finish.

He said it would take a couple of months and I agreed on waiting telling him I wanted a quality product.

Two months went by and I emailed and received no response. 

I called and he said he was working on them and that happened every other week with him saying he would have them shipped next week last time we talked, three weeks ago. It is April 27, 2017 now.

Then last week I receive a voicemail from this lady and when I called back she told me Eric would not be able to build my speakers. Too many orders but nothing offered as far as options. I asked about available sets and Carla (if I recall her name correctly) said that Eric would be the one to contact about that. 

In disbelief I cancelled my order. 

I started my process well before the excellent thread about the DI started and before the reviews were released.

I was looking forward to having my set months ago. Not to be for me. 

I am sharing my experience with fellow AudioGonrs not to take away from the success of Tekton but to make others realize that maybe due to growing pains not everything goes well.

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Disappointed ,

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

128x128eldonparet
It was also bad timing when Tektons were being shipped out with woofers with cones that did not match in color.  And when new models that may have been more suitable  to a customer's needs dribbled out without notice to the persons buying other models.  And when upgrades were only made available after people had bought the non upgraded versions and when an 8 ohm version pops up.

I honestly do not have an axe to grind, I am set for speakers, and would still consider a pair of Tektons, but there seems to be a bit of bad timing pattern.
I always find better success in these things dealing with known brands....Vandersteen, Wilson, etc.
I've heard nothing but bad customer service about Tekton.... terrible way to do business when you are a "virtual" company .  The forum user base is free advertising if you are a smart company and do right by your customers.   I used to work in this industry and monitored every forum and took care of any problems before they blew up.
jetter,
if in fact you are "set for speakers", why do you keep hanging out on Tekton threads so you can fan the embers to flame Tekton?  If anyone read all you comments you clearly do have an axe to grind.  So just be happy with your established speaker brand and move on.  Clearly this is not the speaker company for you--and that's fine.

Jetter,
if in fact you are "set for speakers", why do you keep hanging out on Tekton threads so you can fan the embers to flame Tekton? If anyone read all you comments you clearly do have an axe to grind. So just be happy with your established speaker brand and move on. Clearly this is not the speaker company for you--and that's fine.

I 2nd this,If you don't own or are seriously thinking about buying them you really don't belong.

Just for the record,
All four woofers match in color perfectly on my speakers.
The conversation I had with Eric was quite informative and he answered every question that I asked even a couple that I didn't think he would.

He is a extremely busy man and talks fast,so you need to do your homework first and then call or email him.

I received nothing but the best of service from Tekton and I'm very happy with my new pair.

Kenny.