Ground Hum with Rega RP6, Exact and TT PSU.

Greetings.

Just purchased a Rega RP6, Exact, TTPSU and I am getting a HELL of a hum. I am using an Aragon 47K Phone pre amp. I unplugged the wall wart and the cable which goes from the table and it is still there. I seems to get worse when I turn it on and the tonearm gets close to the center of the arm spindle and it picks up a lot of motor noise. Just sold a 28 year old Linn Axis with a Signet Cartridge and never had this issue with just the normal hiss associated as you turn up the volume. It's not noticeable a lower volumes but it is there during quiet passages and it is extremely annoying. The table sounds way better but the noise is very intrusive and honestly I am disappointed after dropping almost $2000. Thanks in advance
pivetta
I have a Rega RP3 with the Exact ,TTPSU, and the Rega Phono Pre Amp and have the same problem. I sometimes get the hum as i place the arm over the album not all the time. But as you move the arm closer to the center of the album the hum increases. I do not hear it when playing a album not even between songs. One thing I did do that helped the hum when just placing the arm over the album is I removed the plastic clamp holding the cable to the turntable freeing up the cable. This fixed the hum occurring when I placed the arm over the album most of the time. I have learned to just live with this as like you this didn't start when I first got the table. If anything works for you please let me know. I had been thinking of trading up to the RP6 bought the RP3 from Sound Stage and they have a nice trade in program but if your having the same problem don't think I'll be doing that.  
Thanks lenmc2964. I will try that and will play with it this afternoon. I absolutely love the sound of the table but as I mentioned before when I buy something it is supposed to work, period. I encourage you to do some research before you decide to upgrade. My trusty 28 year old Linn Axis never had this issue with the exception of when I turned the volume all the way up I would just heard the normal hiss. I am aware that I will never play this at full volume sine my Krell Amp puts out 250 watts per channel. If you do a search on Google you will get a lot of complaints in regards to noise and some folks just think that Rega knows about this problem and won't do anything about it. My system is fully balanced from preamp to power amp, cd player and it is ultra quiet with a dedicated line going to it. The Aragon 47 K as a separate power supply and I will try to move it as far aways as possible to see if it will alleviate the problem but I highly doubt it since it seems like it is an issue with the table's design.

Best regards to all. 

Pivetta just curious do you hear the hum while a album is playing? I do not. Only as I move the tonearm from the edge to the center of the platter.
But it drives me crazy knowing it's there. I have a pair of Wyred 4 Sound mAmps 430 watts into 4 ohms my speakers are 5 ohms and I do play my music very loud. I have taken the arm completely off but everything looks fine. I too have Googled this and there are a lot of complaints. I’ve upgraded cables moved the phono preamp, grounded the phono preamp nothing helps. Wonder if it’s the cartridge have thought of going with a Ortofon 2M Black but then you have to shim the tonearm. Don’t understand how Rega gets great reviews when so many people have problems.
A big reason I run from Regas now besides the overly cheap build quality the terrible plastic speed control the poorly designed dust covers....They love to hum. My RP6 did I couldn't rectify so off it went to agon. I owned a good bit of rega over the decades but not any more run run from rega products get a VPI dont look back.

I hear you johnk. I think that I have buyer's remorse. I totally agree with that the sub platter is not all that great but once you put the platter on top it has lots of inertia. I think the tonearm is very good. I was talking to my wife and wished that i have never sold my Linn Axis which was DEAD QUIET after 28 years of use. The Rega does sound better in my opinion and I will give it a chance. I am also considering doing the incognito Wiring upgrade to see if that helps. I will talk to the rep and my dealer to see what they say. 

lenmc2964. I will try what you suggest however I have learned in my life that if something works keep it and do small improvements. I listen to a lot of classical music and there are soft passages which you can hear the hum a bit more. I am also disappointed that you have to hold the tonearm lift mechanism otherwise it drops too quickly and it tends to jump into the track and not from the beginning. AARRRRGGGHHHHHH.