Pass Labs

$85.000 & 65.000 Amps  The extreme high gone nuts
128x128jj77
I think this would be a great opportunity to ask Audiogon to implement a feature on every sale asking buyer and seller to donate a small percentage to world hunger.
Perhaps even an "I will if you will" check box so both parties feel compelled.
Good feelings all around and each party enjoys their new gear or sale knowing they helped the less fortunate, and with minimal effort or thought.

I’m a dealer for the above mentioned BHK amps and they are keepers. No purpose (expecially with the mono’s) to go above this level. The sonic benefits will come from investing in other areas of the system. (Or perhaps tube rolling which I haven’t yet tried)
If you want some Pass magic, grab a First Watt amp. As long as you have speakers that will mate well, reasonably efficient, you will never look back. Very happy J2 owner
Stfoth, you are correct.  If you browse the Audiogon Blue Book, it is clear that both the volume and the price of most high end gear took a huge hit in 2008-2009, making bargains available.  Since then, some items have maintained that price level, while others have continued to decline simply based on age.  But the early 2000's were a sellers market and prices were quite high by today's standards. 

That said, in the late 60's or 70's with even a modest middle class income could afford "hi-fi" with good sounding gear.  Truly terrific gear like the first Magnapans, the Rabco SL-8 straight line, etc.were affordable to a lot of people, much more than they would be today. I would nominate that period as the best market for (then) high-end gear.
Harrylavo, I do agree that the 60s were also a great time to put together a great system. Quality tube equipment, with many available in kit form. So many more great choices today however. I currently own a Dynaco ST-70 and AR 3A TT, however have them for sale.  
I usually stay clear of this type of discussion.
Grew up poor.
Went to the Army to get a chance to escape poor in the ghetto.

Take a quick look at FSB Ripcord. You will get a look at where I have been.

Yes, I have a pair of Pass XA 160.8s. I worked hard all my life. I earned them.

Each of us decides how to go through life. Also, cars, houses, education, jobs, sound systems, women, etc, etc.

Make Your Choices. Stop whining !