Pass Labs

$85.000 & 65.000 Amps  The extreme high gone nuts
128x128jj77
Stfoth - I agree completely. I think it's crazy that there are things that cost as much as they do, but I tend to notice it, remark on its insanity, then go about my day.. I think the responses about compassion and the plight of the less fortunate were in response to the post suggesting that those of us calling attention to such expensive gear are simply jealous that we haven't been given super expensive gear. That we are entitled. But I think for most of us it's the cognitive dissonance that comes with knowing this world has people paying $90k for stereo equipment at the same time there are people living off less than $2/day.

I'm not jealous, nor do I carry around hatred for those who own such things. But it's hard not to notice such outrageous price tags when they do pop up.
I posted an honest question a while back asking who would buy a Boulder 3060 amp hoping to learn more about the type of speakers that demand such an amp and the discussions went the same way as this thread. Lessons learned.
Well, you guys have gotten me to jump, I’ve been reading this thread as it progresses and of course, I’m an audiophile and have an opinion about all of it.
So first... mega buck product? Over the years, I’ve been in business as a manufacturer, a manufacturers rep and a retailer, today, I’m a hobbyist. I’ve been to more shows than I care to count. I’ve walked into MANY show rooms of mega buck gear and shook my head wondering how someone could pay it, but in the same vain, every time I see a new mega buck product, I wonder, wow, for that price, is it better? Do they know something? and say, I’d like to try it.
So, If my funds were endless, would I purchase any of this gear? I don’t know, but I do know that its not crazy to try it.... As mentioned above, I’ve certainly had my share of $100 steaks through the years (and I look Like it) where many in this world are grateful to get a cup of rice and no, I would not sell my system to feed the world... you know, maybe if I truly believed that It would fix the world, but no, I wouldn’t sell my system, but I do donate regularly to help causes.... I think the issue that has enflamed others in comments above isn’t about spending the money or other human beings being desolate, but more the heartless uncaring attitude toward their circumstance.
Next, even though I don’t love people making money on me, I really don’t have an issue with a company or someone making a buck where they can.... for us on an audiophile forum, I feel that we need to where possible keep our forum as intended as a helping hand to educate, give helpful advice and promote our hobby.
So, Pass gear. It is as good of an overall line that exist on the planet... everyones taste, of course not, but Nelson has a reputation because of his outstanding product and his giving to the Audiophile community.
If you guys can afford a $65,000 amp bravo to you, but for those like me, there is always a ton of advice and recommendations on less expensive gear in this community....
I hope this helps,  Tim
I am of the belief that there has never been a better time to be in the market for a high fidelity system than now, regardless of budget. Much of this due to those who pushed the high end envelope while offering 'affordable' products.