Too Many Forums asking about how to improve ones system, etc.

I have been reading so many forum posts lately that are asking for advice on improving ones system.  They ask about amps, preamps, speakers, cables, etc., but the person asking for information does not state what improvements they are looking for.  Recently one person said he did not hear a difference with a particular product but others did.  Well that seems useless to me as I don't know what the other people were hearing with a product that I am familiar with to know how to provide advice.  There are many ways to improve ones system but we need more information to narrow down the advice otherwise you will get too many suggestions from cabling to amps, preamps, etc.  You can improve a component by replacing a few resistors but each of those has a sound so I cannot recommend something if I don't know what exactly you are looking to improve.

Thoughts????
bigkidz
Thanks guys.  I see where you are going and offering good advice.  I am at an advantage because I have been repairing components so I can hear/test them in my system and understand what each one offers.  I also live in the NYC area so many audio clubs, dealers, and people to hear different systems.  I also build components so I get to hear what caps, resistors, different implementations of parts can do in a system.  I still find it hard to give advice and maybe I should stop unless I think the person knows what they are looking for.

Anyway, always, Happy Listening.
As you are in NY, I would be happy to have you over and help you out to the extent I can.  Send me a PM. 
Probably 90% of audiophiles buy based on reviews. Most won't admit to it, but its easy to see. Many come here to seek conformation.
Hard not to seek conformation when big-bucks are involved .
And what big bucks are to me, may be pocket change to you .
If a guy wants an upgrade, it's pretty easy to steer them in the right direction, the same way my audio dealer steered me in the right direction when I was young. I don't make a recommendation unless it's a giant step up, a change that a deaf person could hear. Once you have a system that is reasonably good, then you'll need to know what direction a fellow wants to go in but big changes are easy even with the most basic info.