What's in your CDP tonight? the minority report

I enjoy vinyl and digital (lately, with recent changes, vinyl actually sounds better than digital to me), BUT given what seems an overall preference for analog/vinyl on A'gon, I'm curious what the non-vinyl "1/2" is listening to. I tried to see if this was a previously posted question. Did not seem so.

This evening for me, it's Genesis (definitive edition remaster) "A Trick of the Tail".

128x128ghosthouse
fleetwood mac, "future games" and "bare trees"--for my money the best iteration of the band
polvo, "today's active lifestyle"--unique, challenging, ultimately rewarding

@loomisjohnson

Funny - as in fortuitous timing - for you to post. Was just thinking about your somewhat recent input here re Ron Wood’s "solo" effort, I’ve Got My Own Album To Do. Went and gave it a listen immediately after reading your comments. Though I usually appreciate your insights and critiques, fair to say, I didn’t hear what you heard on that one. Pretty weak songs, I thought...but I quickly add, NO OFFENSE intended! Curious what your further comments (rebuttal!) might be.

On the other hand, have to agree with your appreciation of the FWM that put out Future Games.  One of my favs by them.  Not sure thas the best iteration but a really strong group of musicians, in any case.  Prefer what they did to later Mac w/Nicks & Buckingham. I like Kirwan’s guitar playing and song-writing on it. He is easily overlooked being in the shadow of Peter Green (earlier LPs) and Bob Welch. Thinking I will give Future Games a listen later today.

Getting back to Ron Wood...
Had been feeling pretty bored with a lot of the music I’m hearing lately. Last night, stumbled onto the Faces, Long Player. Gosh. What a nice reacquaintance. Still seems fresh after 45+ years. Economic, tasteful guitar work by Ron. Also struck by Ian McLagan’s great keyboards. Good "ensemble" playing overall. Definitely think Ron was/is better in a group context than working solo.
ghost, i'm never offended by (and always welcome) reasoned dissent--it keeps me from getting too full of myself...

fully agree with you on danny kirwan, who dropped off the map precipitously (booze/lsd, i think)-- for me the albums he played on were far and away mac's best and his songs were the best thing on them, green's "o well" and "closing my eyes" (incredible tune) excepted. i did own a couple of his solo records, which were terrible and were eventually used to kill zombies.

as for ron wood, i can see why "own album" didn't connect--he's a non-singer, tho unlike other non-singers (david lee roth, joe jackson, etc.) he doesn't deign to sing, which makes him a good non-singer. also, there's a deliberately tossed-off quality to the record--he's going for a barroom groove, not trying to make a major statement, which is the same reason i like the faces' records more than most of rod stewart's or the post-who's next who. yet however uncompelling you find the performances, i still think the songs are there--take another listen to "feel the fire" and "sure the one," only this time crank it up and have a couple whiskeys first; also listen to son volt's cover of "mystifies me."
Hey, Loomis - okay, you're on...though I gotta pass on the whiskey.  I hear you 'bout "Got My Own...".  Your overall  comments have my mind going in at least 3 different directions.  Won't address all except to say it does seem groups/artists get it "figured out" and then something dies.  Talking The Who, I draw the line at Who's Next.  Some great songs in it but for me not up there with the earlier stuff like on Who Sell Out or Live At Leeds.  Keith's death augured something more than the passing of a drummer.  I'm sure that's not original to me.  Never got too immersed in SonVolt.  Have Wide Swing Tremolo only.  I'll look for the Ron Wood cover you mention.  Later.