VAC 30/70...pick your pre?

Considering a pair of VAC 30/70’s however concerned a bit about matching the Pre well; on the other hand, can’t spend another 5-6k on a line stage right now. Thoughts? Recs? Get a better integrated instead for now?  Ideas about Line Magnetic 219 vs. Allnic T2000; pushing Wharfedale Jade 5's (87db 6ohm)

128x128phaun16
Don’t know if getting a sub 2k pre would do them justice (CJ ET3, etc). So they could be waiting for 6-12 months to pair up.

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure that the rest of your system would do justice for those VAC 30/70 amps either.

Your system, as listed, looks like a nice, balanced entry level system.
I'm don't think that dropping a pair of VAC 30/70 mono-block amps into that system would ever be doing justice without upgrading your analog front end, speakers, preamp, phono preamp, etc.

You may be best to stay with an integrated amp at this point in time.
I would think that you may want an amp with more power, since your Wharfedale speakers are not an easy load.
I'm surprised that you are driving them with your Melody SP3 (38 wpc).

Do you have a small room, and/or listen at low levels? I see that Wharfedale recommends 50-200 wpc for their Jade 5 speakers.

Perhaps the Allnic T2000 may have enough drive for those speakers.
However, even that may be too much amp for your system.

IMHO, a well balanced system, like you have right now, works best.
Dropping one "much better" component into a system, whether it is speakers, amp, cartridge, phono, etc. won't raise the level all that much.

Unless you are ready to start moving up a level with the rest of your system, your best move might be to just look at a PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated. About half the price of the Allnic T2000, but still a very nice step up above your Melody integrated amp.

Offering up to 96 wpc using KT150 tubes, it should be more suitable to drive your Wharfedale jade 5 speakers too.

Well reasoned critique from John. However in my personal experiences I've heard good amplifiers significantly improve the sound of an audio system.  So I have a somewhat different take compared to John in this case. My suspicion is that the LM 805 tubed SET would in fact be a very viable upgrade with immediate improvement and one that could be built around in the future. 

Based on owner feedback with a variety of speakers I believe that the 508ia would work very well with the Whafedales IMHO. 
Charles 
Thanks John and Charles, 

I just upgraded my TT from a mmf 5 to the TNT.  I'll admit I didn't know the TNT was an entry level table (I know it's not a 20k table though too).  Perhaps I'm just to rookie (or poor) for this :) .

I did transfer my cart with a new retip from soundstage as I have been looking at a phono stage upgrade in the next yer or so and wanted to make sure those were a good pairing.  

Room is 11*18; set up in front third.  Listen at moderate volume...dial is up to about 66-75% on the melody.  

Ive thought about the primaluna, but many told me to stay away from it and go for LM, etc.  

Maybe I'll go demo the PL (dealer in philly) and then decide between that and the 508.  As similar to Charles, it does appear to have good reports of the 508 with 85-88 db speakers.  

Thanks all
While I'm usually in agreement with Jmcgrogan2, and do agree that keeping a system in balance is a good idea, IMHO the TNT sure ain't an entry-level turntable--it may be older, but it has held up nicely over the years.  It will not be out of place with any of the integrated amps you're considering.
I will agree that the VPI TNT IV w/ SDS is NOT entry level.
The cartridge, phono stage, Melody amp, and speakers are entry level though.

So you say that you just bought the TNT, a VAC 30/70 is a nice pair of amps IF you are planning to keep on the upgrade path.
Every step should add more to the music. However, I wouldn't take the step if I wasn't ready to commit to upgrade the rest of my system too. That's all I'm saying.

A VPI TNT table with a VAC 30/70 amp certainly will need better speakers, cartridge and phono stage to shine their brightest.
If you are taking steps, and there is nothing wrong with going about it that way, then the VAC's would make a very nice next step.

If you are concerned about not having money left for a preamp, then maybe you will be best served with staying with an integrated amp.
There are many fine integrated amps out there these days.

Cheers,
John