Small room electrostat/ planar speaker?

In about 30 days will be moving to a new home where its going to be hard to make my 1.7 maggies work in a spouse friendly way ( the only large room is the main living room). I've always gravitated to planars and electrostatics, box speakers that don't sound colored or slow usually cost more than my entire system. Where I'd like to end up is a system that's extremely resolving at low to moderate volume levels, my main dissatisfaction with my current Mg 1.7 speakers and Prima Luna amp is that it really doesn't come to life until the volume is moderate listening levels or higher.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen something that approaches the coherency and speed of the 1.7s that would work in an 11x12 listening room? I'd like to keep the cost limited to $4k if possible.
128x128davide256
I have a friend who has a pair of Quad  ’63s in about an 8x10 room. He also has about 2000 albums, 400-500 cds, electronics and a small couch.

It sounds pretty good. Yes it’s not the best arrangement, but I’ve spent several hours listening all the while having a great time.

I’m going the other way. I’ve got a pair of Quad 2805s and just found a pair of 2012s that just may find their way into my listening room.
I'll modify this a bit:

Nothing with meaningful bass is going to sound great in an 11x12 room [without a LOT of treatments incl. bass traps] - too small and nearly square, double trouble.

But you may be able to arrange things with the speakers and listening position to avoid room modes where you sit.  You'll need a bit of background in acoustics and some effort.
I'm hopeful about bass as the room has 10' ceilings. Maggies have always required careful positioning for the lowest bass octave because they are dipoles.  If they don't work out in the space, I've collected so far from everyone's feedback as possible alternatives

Quad ESL-63 (57 seems risky with no circuit protection)
Harbeth CS7-E3

An interesting possibility is the  Spatial Audio Hologram M3 Turbo S, but the good reviews are recent with few comparison speaker benchmarks. Since it has no  driver box, the design sounds promising.

Post removed