Is remastered mainly just less jitter?

When a  CD is remastered is it simply just less jitter???
128x128blueranger
Just to mention CDs aren’t the only thing being overly compressed these days, as shown in the Dynamic Range Database. Vinyl reissues, SACDs, even hi res downloads. Even those cool SHM CDs from Japan are getting the business. The horror, the horror... There are now more than 106,000 albums contained in the DRDB. But who's counting?

geoffkait, I guess that shows what the record labels think of the audiophile market.
I had an audio session at Deqx’s Allan Langfords place on Monday and took a 1st issue Sade Diamond Life CD he’s into downloads, here’s what I said about it on the SNA forum.

" PS the original European 1983 Sade (Diamond Life) on cd that I bought along, it blitzed all the versions (about 5 of them) Al had on his 20 terabytes of H/D hi-rez, re-mastered, re-con-cocked downloads even the MoFi one he had." not one of them stood up to the original 16/44 1st edition.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Sade&album=diamond+life

Cheers George

This has been an informative read.  I was unaware of the DR website.  I listen to mostly acoustic jazz and classical and tend to find that most remasters of these genres are not just about loudness and compression, and are not geared toward the ear-bud crowd.

I have yet to hear any compelling arguments in favor of any sonic improvements with the SHM discs coming out of Japan, and have been wondering about those, especially as my entire jazz collection seems to be being re-released in the format (and at twice the price!).
Agreed, very informative.  Good to see the the new Floyd animals vinyl re-release get a good score.  Hi-Fi News & Hi-Fi Choice UK magazines always have very nice articles on sound recordings, represses etc. Enjoy the wkd.