Allman Brothers/Live at Fillmore East

There are some threads already on this recording, but not on my specific question. Should I buy the MoFi 200 gram 2lp recording for $49.98 or the 180 gram 4lp recording for $74.98?
Thank you in advance.

rockyboy
Sorry. my focus is now on my 99 yr old mother. Will have to put audio on hold for a while. 

rockyboy,

I am sympathetic to your situation as I've been my mother's caretaker for years after my Dad died from cancer, whom I was caretaker for as well.
Good luck.

lenmc2964,

Regarding the heavy right channel focus on "Fillmore East"...

I'm becoming more convinced that these types of issues may be due to how records are cut and or pressed.

My Townshend Rock 7 has its' arm pillar as an extension of its' metal plinth. This plinth sits on (3) spring suspension. It has a counterweight that is bolted to this plinth as a way to balance/level the entire set-up. My arm has no azimuth adjustment.

I'd say 85% of the lps I play, I hear rock solid, dead center imaging. The others.... I have several sizes of small blue tack balls that I place on the counterweight in various places to (even) out lps that are heavy on the left or on the right. This would seem to suggest an anti-skating issue. Why? Just maybe, the cutting of the stamper or the pressing operation was not precise?

I just listened to the first two tracks on The Band "S/T" on MFSL and my original pressing. I had everything set up for dead center imaging with the MFSL. I put on the other and the focus was heavy on the right channel.

What's weird is, my Classic "Fillmore East" and the original are both, right channel heavy.

What do you think?
Thank you Slaw. I appreciate you understanding. 
I'm not back home yet but in St. Louis for a few days.  Visited Euclid Records  this afternoon and I highly recommend it (as well as Vintage Vinyl) . Picked up some Nautilus half speeds - Cars/Candy-O, ELO/Discovery, Elton John/Greatest Hits, and Pretenders/Pretenders as well as James Gang Rides Again andTen Years After/A Space in Time. Kinda shows you my taste in music. But was really happy to pick up a pink Capricorn Allman Bros/Live at Fillmore East in mint condition.  Mine is marked AT/DK. Huh? I'll give it a spin and give you my impression when I return home next week. (VPI Classic 3/Soundsmith Zephyr MkII) 

Really pleased with my purchase. All the lps are mint. Yes, the Allman Bros. is slightly heavy in the right channel at the beginning of side 1 but balance returns on the other sides. The Ten Years After is really a great recording. "I'd to Change the World" alone was worth the price of the record.  "Private Lives" on The Pretenders is a killer song. I just wish the album didn't have to contain some x-rated lyrics.  
Well, I have to get back to cleaning some lps that have sat way too long on my shelves.